Do you find that you lack the confidence & self-esteem to go after your personal goals? Or, do you lose momentum once you have started? You are like most of us if you answered yes to either of these questions. Doubt and self-sabotage are extremely common especially with access to social media and getting caught in the comparison game. If you are interested in learning how to gain and sustain confidence you are going to want to continue reading […]
MY TOP 5 STRATEGIES TO INCREASE SELF-ESTEEM & GAIN CONFIDENCE
- BECOME AWARE OF YOUR INTERNAL DIALOGUE. Our thoughts are so powerful!! I cannot stress that enough. They impact our beliefs about self and consequently our behaviors. If your steam of consciousness contains thoughts such as “you aren’t good enough”, “you can’t do that as well as so and so”, or “who do you think you are” the chances are slim you are going to feel motivated to make progress towards your goals. Anytime you recognize a negative thought I want you to replace it with something encouraging even if you don’t believe it (yet).
- SURROUND YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE THAT ENCOURAGE YOU. Stop wasting your time with relationships that drain you or do not help you to be your best self. Those energy suckers can find someone else to “dump” on. Time spent engaging in someone else’s self-doubt and negativity is time wasted towards your own goals and quality of life.
- MAKE YOUR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH A PRIORITY. Make time to exercise and take care of your needs. Choose healthier food options and drink plenty of water but also enjoy the foods you love in moderation. Do not deprive yourself or label yourself as “bad” or “good” depending on what you consumed that day.
- DON’T CATASTROPHIZE. Life is rarely all or nothing. You may have a lot of struggles in your day but there is always something good in each day. You may have to dig a little deeper to access and highlight it. Our brains our wired to focus on the negative so we have to make conscious efforts to re-program them. Consider a set-back as a growth opportunity and a chance to make some re-evaluations
- BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF AND YOUR PROGRESS. Patience, patience, patience. I think this is the key to long-term success and confidence. We are an instantly gratified society so we need to step outside the norm and take a long-view approach. Building a business, relationships, increasing physical strength, paying-debt and investing take years. Don’t personalize it when growth isn’t moving as quickly as you were anticipating. Be proud of the incremental steps you have made and be your own biggest cheerleader.
Best of Luck FitFam! With Gratitude, Andrea Jean