Do you struggle to get out of bed each day? Do you consistently push the snooze button on your alarm? If so, then you will want to continue reading. I share my top 7 tips to kick start your day. I have done these things for a good portion of my life & they continue to help me stay motivated and reach my goals […]
HOW TO GET MOTIVATED IN THE MORNING
- Make sleep a priority. If you aren’t getting adequate sleep it’s going to be even more difficult to have energy to get up the next day. Set a bed time for yourself and make it a priority to meet that goal for at least 1 week or even a couple of days. I like to set small, attainable goals. When I gain some success it propels me to push it to the next level.
- Have a mantra or say a prayer. For example, when your alarm goes off or your toddler comes into bed to wake you tell yourself “today is going to be a great day” or “I am going to be the boss of this day”. Thank the Lord that you have been given another day to do good works and carry out his plan for you.
- Move before you can convince yourself to stay in bed. I don’t know about you but the more I lay in bed the more reasons I come up with about why I should just stay in bed 5-10 minutes longer. By the time I actually get out of bed I feel like the day has taken me rather than me grabbing the day by its horns and conquering it.
- Set a small goal that you would like to accomplish. Sometimes my goal is to take a few photos for my blog or put away some laundry before work. Other times, it’s to actually sit down and eat a breakfast rather than grabbing a protein bar on the go.
- Play some music. I love listening to country or jazz music in the morning. The music makes me want to move and puts me in a better mood. It also gets me out of any negative thinking that I might have already been engaging in.
- Eat something & get hydrated. Your body needs nourishment after a slumber and could use some calories/energy to propel you. Also, drink a big glass of water. If I don’t drink a glass of water in the morning I find it difficult to make time for it once my work day starts. Before I realize it’s lunch time and I have barely drank anything other than coffee.
- Put yourself together. Put on a nice but comfortable outfit. Dress as if you had an important meeting or you were going to see someone that you wanted to make a positive impression. Style your hair and put a little make-up on if that brings you joy. When you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror during the day you will feel better if you aren’t looking like a complete hot mess.
Go Get Em FitFam!!! With Gratitude, Andrea Jean