PROTEIN PACKED CHIPS & SALSA
Looking for a low-carb, protein packed, economical meal or snack option? I have got you covered. These salsa and eggs are super easy to make. I make a big batch on the weekends and then I have breakfast, lunch, or dinner during the week.
- Eggs. Use however many you want. I use 12 when I make a big batch.
- Cream cheese. I use a whole stick when I am meal prepping.
- Salsa of your choice. I like mild salsa. The amount is up to you and if you are preparing extra to have at a later time.
- Tortilla chips
- Cook your eggs, scramble style and put into a big container to store and refrigerate.
- Turn stove on medium low to cook your salsa and cream cheese. I put the salsa in the pan first as a base and then add chunks of the cream cheese.
- Stir until melted and combined.
- Store and refrigerate the salsa mixture separate from the eggs.
When it’s time to eat portion out however many eggs you want and pour your salsa mixture on top and re-heat. You can control your carbohydrate consumption based on the amount of chips you decide to use.
This is a great snack or appetizer to bring to any party. Plus, it’s cost effective, easy to make, and healthy.
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 sweet onion
1 can black beans (drain & rinse)
1 can pinto beans (drain & rinse)
2 cans white shoepeg corn (do not drain & rinse)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
3/4 cup veg oil (canola oil)
Mix sugar, cider vinegar & canola oil in sauce pan. Bring to boil, let cool to room temp. Add to chopped vegetables & mix.
Homemade Donuts!!!! My hubby made these delicious donuts from ingredients we already had at home. Plus, it’s really fun for kids to get involved by decorating them. Good for family time together and filling your belly with a sweet treat.
Looking for a fun craft idea to do with your kids? I have got you covered. These canvases are easy and capture their cute little hands to have as memories when they are all grown up. I bought a pack of canvases from Michael’s. Be sure to find a coupon on your smart phone. I like http://www.retailmenot.com. You can often get 50% off 1 item. The white shelves pictured were actually thrifted from Goodwill. I paid about $5 total for both of them. What a steal! The kids had fun getting their hands wet in the paint too.
This is the bible study that I am trying to tackle each morning. I am not able to get to it every morning but I certainly try between taking care of the kids and getting ready for work. I am really enjoying it and it gets my mind in the right place to conquer the day.